Re: New work on fonts at W3C

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 21:42:56 +0200
To: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "John Daggett" <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 17:07:06 +0200, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I didn't mean it should be restricted by default. Just that CORS could
> restrict it like anything else if you told it to. And that the font
> could instruct the CORS mechanism.

That's not how CORS works. CORS is not about restricting at all. It is
about lifting cross-origin restrictions if any are present. If there are
no restrictions to start with (which I think makes sense for consistency
as I pointed out though it seems not everyone agrees) CORS cannot impose
any.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/