Re: [CSS21] percentage values of 'top'

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:38:26 -0400
To: Bobby Jack <bobbykjack@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Bobby Jack<bobbykjack@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Could this be a containing block issue? Is a relative box 'inside' another relative box contained within that relative box, or the closest statically-positioned ancestor?

"For other elements, if the element's position is 'relative' or
'static', the containing block is formed by the content edge of the
nearest block-level, table cell or inline-block ancestor box."
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visudet.html#containing-block-details

I can see no way for anything but the div.inner to be the nearest
block-level ancestor box here.  It's an ancestor, and it's
block-level.  Nothing requires that it be statically-positioned, does
it?