RE: [css3-multicol] column-span property

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 02:59:30 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
I think "column-span:all" is equivalent to a sequence of multicol elements:

h2 { columns:1}
bodytext { columns:3 }

With column-span, the behavior is equivalent to adding anonymous multicol elements before and after column-span, which is pretty much what an implementation would have to do. Anonymous anything is an implementation hassle though, so if it could be avoided it would make our life esier;)