Re: [CSS3 Colors] HSL colors, hue and allowed values, [CSS3 gcpm] CMYK colors and allowed values.

Yes I kinda get the whole different gamut thing (see sig).

I'd like to read of some examples of these "some applications of CSS".
Who is asking for this? Lithography, flexography, gravure printers?
With inkjet, digital presses, and electrostatic printers, why would
CSS need to specify color in CMYK? It's an extremely device dependent
color space. The color you get depends on the device, paper, inkjset,
ambient temperature and humidity, etc. I don't see the value in
supporting CMYK at all. Especially given limited resources how much
better the market would be served by fully supporting ICC in CSS
without having to embed ICC profiles in every single RGB image.

Is CSS being used as or integrated into output device languages?

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
New York, NY
Co-author "Real World Color Management, 2nd Ed"