Re: [css3-background] should radii be capped?

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:33:14 +0200
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Also sprach Brad Kemper:

 > I also agree with fantasai and Tab. I would not want a "quarter-circle-
 > cornered rectangle" turned into an oval, except as as last resort (a
 > square box would eventually become a circle, but at least the corner
 > shapes are maintained).

Let me show you one screenshot of what's currently possible in Opera
where we do not cap radii as be the WD:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2009/tests/border-radius10.png

The source code is here:

  http://people.opera.com/howcome/2009/tests/border-radius10.html

The two first boxes are possible to achieve in the current WD, but not
the rest. We're prepared to start capping, but I think the issue
deserves some discussion.

Cheers,

-h&kon