[css3-selectors] Implementing jQuery E: has(F) selector

From: Gabriele Romanato <gabriele.romanato@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:49:25 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Dear all,the E:has(F) selector matches an E element when it has a F element
within it. I think that's a powerful feature that should be implemented.
I don't think it's very difficult to implement, because if it's true that
it's been implemented in JavaScript, it's also true that it would be very
easy
to implement in a more powerful programming language, such as C++ (see
nsCSSScanner at  http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/search?string=nsCSSScanner )
Case uses range from HTML to XML, SVG, etc.

Regards,

Gabriele Romanato

ps. if you think, as implementor, that it's still too "expensive", well, I
don't see the point if you think in terms of incremental
rendering and reflow model
(see http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/search?string=reflow for a redundant
overview. HTML docs there are obsolete (NGLayout is from 1998!).
--
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/
http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/ (English)