Allow multiple values to be specified for max-width

From: Belov, Charles <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 11:43:23 -0700
To: <www-style@w3.org>
WCAG 2.0 guideline 1.4.8 potentially includes:

2. width is no more than 80 characters or glyphs (40 if CJK)
5. text is resized without assistive technology up to 200 percent in a
way that does not require the user to scroll horizontally to read a line
of text on a full-screen window

This specification would be easier to implement if CSS would support
multiple max-widths as follows:

max-width: 80ch 100vw;

or

max-width: min(80ch, 100vw);

The above would specify that the maximum width of the block was 80
characters (based on the 0 width) or 100% of the available viewport,
whichever was less.

That way, I as a webmaster could reserve "width" for my preferred width.

Hope this helps,
Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster