Re: [css3-background] error in box-shadow examples?

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:08:21 -0800
To: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
CC: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

David Hyatt wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> Algorithm is close to this:
>>
>> 1) Draw all elements that have no shadow set.
>> 2) Draw shadow for elements with shadow on top of normal elements.
>> 3) Draw shapes of shadowed elements (but not their shadow).
>>
>> By their nature elements with shadows have "z-index" higher than
>> other elements.
>
> I do not think this is a good idea.  What's in the spec is fine.
> dave
> (hyatt@apple.com)

I do not think that it is 'fine'. This spec is just silent about how
shadow is drawn
with respect of sibling elements.
E.g. if to follow implementation then shadow of some element will be
drown on top
of its previous sibling but underneath its next sibling.
That is quite naive, isn't it?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com