Re: [css3-background] error in box-shadow examples?

On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:45 AM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> In:
>
>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/
>
> there are some nice figures in Example XXVIII.
>
> The two last examples show the effect of "spread". However, they do
> not set the fourth length parameter, which represents "spread":
>
>  box-shadow:
>    rgba(0,0,0,0.4)
>    10px 10px
>    10px /* spread */
>
>  box-shadow:
>    rgba(0,0,0,0.4)
>    10px 10px
>    10px /* spread */
>    inset
>
> I believe the two eaxmples above are missing one length value each.
>
> -h&kon
>              Håkon Wium Lie                          CTO °þe®ª
> howcome@opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome

Huh. That is odd. They seems to be missing a zero for blur radius. Is
that because the definition of <shadow> seems to allow the third
length to represent either blur or spread when only three lengths are
present? Or am I reading that wrong:
The type <shadow> stands for:

where the first two lengths are required.