Re: [css3-background] does border-radius round the border-image ?

On Jan 22, 2009, at 12:11 PM, Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net> wrote:

> Brad Kemper wrote:
>> 3) Even when the author may expect a scroll box to not obscure
>> content, there are cases where it does so anyway, already. I found
>> such a case last year, involving absolutely positioned contents [2].
>
>> [2] http://bradclicks.com/cssplay/scrolling%20lists.html (second to
>> last example on the page)
>
> Could you elaborate on this example a little?  In various browsers I
> see that the abspos markers are not rendered on the left.  However,
> this seems to me a bug

Perhaps. But when I see the same thing in every browser I test with,
it makes me question if it is really a bug or if I just don't know why
it's doing it.

> (after all, vertical overflow on the ancestor UL is set to visible)
> and not related in any way to the presence (or otherwise) of the
> scrolling mechanism.  Am I missing the point here?

Well, the bug does not appear unless overflow is hidden, scroll, or
auto on the ancestor "UL" DIV. Thus my point that  "scroll" or "auto"
does not always mean the contents will be visible, even baring
influence of ouside elements.