Re: [selectors] [css3-content] The ::inside pseudo-element

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:59:09 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Let's start with the use-case.  Giovanni wants to be able to line
> things up like this:

OK.

> Currently, the only way to do this is by splitting this into two table cells:

> </tbody></table>

> td { text-align: "."; }

This doesn't seem to work in any UA I've tried (IE7, Safari, Opera,
Gecko), and I can't find where the string value of text-align is
defined...  That said, why would this fail, if the above works?

   td { text-align: "."; }
   td:before { float: left; content: "$"; }

with the markup just having the numbers in the cells?

-Boris