Re: [css3-values] new editor's draft (and [css3-box])

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:29:26 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> I think this was proposed before, and there are good use cases.
>
> On high resolution monitors, 'px' unit is bigger than device pixel
+ (e.g. px=1/96in while device pixel is 1/144in). This results in

Such an implementation would be broken.  Valid values for px on such a
device would be 1/72in or 1/144in.  My feeling is that it probably isn't
high enough resolution to step to two device pixels per CSS pixel.

+ proportional scaling (zoom) of all content, and scaling normally applies
+ to everything (including intrinsic sizes).
--
David Woolley