Re: @page margin boxes and text-decoration

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:50:37 +1100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>

Hi Bjoern,

> I am unsure where the confusion arises from, according to the draft the
> text-decoration declaration sets the initial value of the property in
> the margin boxes, so, as I understand that, this would essentially be
> the same as

You're right, I missed that, and Prince doesn't implement it.

To be honest, I'm not sure I like the idea of having yet another
inheritance category, it seems simpler to say that properties inherit
from @page to margin boxes in exactly the same way that they inherit
from elements to child elements.

The most common use case is to specify the same font and color for
multiple margin boxes, and inheritance already takes care of this.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!