Re: [css3-multicol] Typos

2009/1/16 Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:12:54 +0100, Jens Meiert <jens@meiert.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm very well aware of that (unfortunately). However, my feeling is
>> that we should all encourage and be happy about error reports coming
>> in that take into account the latest (if not any) official document
>> (spec, note, whatever). Expecting yet demanding users (and I consider
>> me to be one when it comes to reading CSS 3 multi-column layout
>> modules drafts here) to check out a dev version that doesn't even
>> appear as an HTML comment in the doc in question is, and that is my
>> outright honest two cents, at least unwise, probably even rude.
>>
>> Unless there's any doubt on how I mean what we may just leave it at that.
>
> I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying that your effort might be
> in vain, which would be a shame.
>
> The CSS WG tries to keep all its public editor drafts in this directory:
>
>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/

In that case this link should appear in the public draft somewhere,
preferably very conspicuously.

The public draft does have a link to "The Latest Version", but that
"Latest" version is not http://dev.w3.org/csswg/. We can't expect
people to know that this page exists (*especially* if another page is
claimed to be "Latest").

--
cheers,
-ambrose

The 'net used to be run by smart people; now many sites are run by
idiots. So SAD... (Sites that do spam filtering on mails sent to the
abuse contact need to be cut off the net...)