Re: CSS Transitions Feedback

On Jan 14, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Dean Jackson wrote:
> Just to make sure we are all thinking the same thing. In the
> following example:
>
> transition-property: border;
> transition-duration: 1s;
>
> If I now apply a style rule "border-top-width: 2px", do you expect
> to see a transition?

Only if the top border wasn't already 2 pixels wide. :-)

The key is really that shorthands are to make writing the same thing
multiple times unnecessary, not to serve as some sort of pseudo-
property that functions *only* as a standalone pseudo-property and
nothing else.

> <transition-property> || <transition-duration>[ / <transition-delay>]?
> || <transition-timing-function> [, [<transition-property> ||
> <transition-duration>[ / <transition-delay>]? ||
> <transition-timing-function>]]*
>
> e.g. transition: color 2s/1s;
>
> This would have a 2 second duration with a 1 second delay.

I like that syntax, makes perfect sense to me precisely because of the
familiarity from font:

- Faruk