Re: Comments on CSS Transitions

From: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:19:29 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org
2009/2/27 Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>:
> Cameron McCormack:
>> The model used for specifying transitions, i.e. that the
>> transition-property, transition-duration, etc. properties each take a
>> sequence of values, seems to prevent an author from specifying
>> independent transitions.  For example, an author may want to specify:
> …
>> where the set of elements matched by .canmove and .canhide are
>> different.  If more than one element matches both selectors, however,
>> the properties from the .canhide rules will override the ones from
>> .canmove.
>
> Make that “If an element matches both selectors, however …”.
>
> --
> Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Transition is not the first property to have that problem
(font-family, background-image, binding, content...) and I recently
proposed the "cascade" keyword that inserts value from the cascade
process in the specified value.

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0550.html
and following.

Giovanni