[css3-multicol] multicol elements with constrained height

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:08:38 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I have an action point to:

  Define behavior for a multi-column block with a totally
  unconstrained width and auto height with a max constraint. (This
  handles vertical block in horizontal flow and vice versa.)

  http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/css-multicol

The newly revised editor's draft [1] defines, in stronger language
than it used to, that multicol elements extend in the inline direction
when constrained. I believe it addresses the issue -- let me know if
you think otherwise.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-multicol/

-h&kon