Re: Why "color"

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:41:32 +0000
To: Ambrose Li <ambrose.li@gmail.com>
CC: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, Max Harmony <maxh@sdf.lonestar.org>, www-style@w3.org
Much as I (as a native speaker of British English)
would like "color" in CSS to be spelled "colour",
there is not a cat's chance in hell of changing it
now.  But is there any deep reason (as opposed to
superficial) why "colour" could not be introduced
as a synonym ?   And no, I'm not going to ask for
"fount" as a synonym for "font", so you needn't
think that this is just the thin end of the wedge :-)

Philip TAYLOR
--------