Re: [CSS] Extending media queries

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:29:52 +0100, François REMY
<fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I just read this (draft of) proposition from Webkit about extending the
> 'Media Queries' so that it can reflect the implementation of some
> (currently proprietary) properties introduced by Webkit
> (http://webkit.org/specs/MediaQueriesExtensions.html)
>
> [...]
>
> What do you think of it?

It seems to me that the WebKit proposal is addressing a few specific
issues. Namely hardware for which supporting 3D transforms or even 2D
transforms is not feasible, static media which will not do animations or
transitions, while you are proposing feature sniffing which has been
rejected for several years now and is always propposed as some sort of
technical solution without detailed explanation of why it is needed, how
it is going to be trusted/useful, and what the backwards compatibility
story will be.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/