RE: Somewhat offtopic: Stepping through the rendering process in browsers?

From: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:55:36 +0100
To: "'Adam Twardoch'" <list.adam@twardoch.com>, "'www-style'" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi Adam,

Not exactly what you are asking for, but Fiddler's ability to single-
step requests ("breakpoints") could be useful:
http://www.fiddlertool.com/Fiddler2/help/Filters.asp
(though this is done as a server-side proxy and not in browser)

Depending on what you want to test, Steve Souder's "cuzillion" tool
might also be interesting. It lets you experiment and see the impact of
f ex slow loading script and stylesheet files:
http://www.stevesouders.com/blog/2008/04/25/cuzillion/

Best regards
Mike Wilson