Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> So here is how I would rate the choices:
>
> 1/2 star: drawing a box-shadow that follows border lines/curves that you
> don't even plan to display
>
> 4 stars: box-shadow used the border-image as a mask (if the issue of
> transparency can be dealt with in a fairly reasonable way)
>
> 5 stars: let the artist creating the raster border images also create the
> raster shadows, and suppress the border-box-following box-shadow in the same
> way that the padding-box-following borders are suppressed.

I'm with David, and would rate using border-image as a mask on
box-shadow higher.

The reasons you've provided against this are at this point *so* niche
that I'm comfortable dropping fallback support in those cases in favor
of making the common cases better.