Re: Selectors Tests

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:49:58 -0500
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> HTML5 now says :enabled never matches type=hidden. (And :disabled doesn't
> either, since you can't disable an <input type=hidden>.)

Except of course you can: the disabled attribute prevents it from
submitting successfully, no?

Note that I'm fine with going either way here, but the fact is that
@disabled really does mean something on hidden inputs... The question is
what :disabled should match, and it can't be the Selectors spec
definition, since whether something can be activated/focused depends on
the CSS applied.

-Boris