Re: Unicode Normalization thread should slow down; summary needed

On Feb 11, 2009, at 13:01, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> I would think the I18N Core Working Group is well aware that there are
> too many ways in which strings end up in web content to count them all
> and I consequently took discussion about direct character by character
> user input as well as those about identifiers as mere illustration of
> the general problem.

I thought keyboard input was put forward as the concrete problem,
because existence proof for the general problem is obvious and (I
believe) uncontested.

> How big a problem that is or what requirements a solution would have
> to meet nobody seems to know.

I think establishing these things is a very important prerequisite to
trying to solve the problem.

> As such this discussion is largely misplaced on www-style.

I agree.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi