Re: [selectors-api] Selectors API I18N Review...

On Feb 10, 2009, at 22:11, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> I am using a Mac. On Mac, Unicode normalization gives me e' for
> é while most other systems will give me é.

Do you have steps to reproduce?

I tried the following:

Baseline: Establish that Firefox 3.0.6 doesn't normalize what it gets
from an input method when it submits a form:
  1) Load http://rishida.net/scripts/uniview/conversion.php
  2) Type e in the first box.
  3) Insert COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT in the first box after the e.
  4) Click Convert.
(Result: U+0065 U+0301)

Test:
  1) Pick the French keyboard layout.
  2) Press the key labeled é (with caret in the first box).
  3) Click Convert.
(Result: U+00E9)
  4) Press option shift & (& being the key labeled 1 on most keyboards).
  5) Press e
  6) Click Convert
(Result: U+00E9)

--