URL CSS pseudo class

From: Charles-André Landemaine <landemaine@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:27:37 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

Hello,

A new CSS pseudo class to target a specific site would be really
helpful, especially for user styles. I could imagine a stylesheet that
uses some code like this one:

head:url(google.com)>body{background:#cf0}

We could allow regular expressions also to match URLs with or without
the "www." prefix, "http" or "https", etc...

e.g. head:urlmatch(/http:\/\/ad\./)>body{display:none}

This would be easier to carry just one global user stylesheet instead
of one user style sheet per site (ex. Opera, Firefox Stylish ext.).
Thanks for your comprehension,

Charles-André Landemaine.