Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2009-02-04: box-shadow and border-image

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> Because "box-shadow" is not a border property. Dunno about
> border-radius; the only reason to keep applying it would be to get
> proper hit-testing, and there might be a better way to do that. That's a
> separate issue.

We decided not to suppress border-radius because it controls
also the clipping shape for backgrounds. We could see using
border-image for fancy corners, and using border-radius to
keep the background from leaking out from underneath.

~fantasai