Re: [CSS21][css3-namespace][css3-page][css3-selectors][css3-content] Unicode Normalization

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> Several people seem to have the assumption that there would only be
> performance impact for non-normalized data. That is not true, for one
> because an additional check has to be made to see whether data is normalized
> in the first place. (And as I said right at the start of this thread,
> milliseconds do matter.)

Do you think there would be a significant impact on performance if the
input was just normalized as it's read, instead of being normalized on
comparison?  Also, it was said that Gecko interns strings -- could it
normalize them right before interning, so that subsequent comparisons
are still just pointer comparisons?