Re: Request for ::di pseudoelement

On Dec 18, 2009, at 5:33 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2009, at 5:09 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Brad Kemper
>> <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe "Presentation Levels" could be wrangled into doing that? Or
>>> is that
>>> spec actually "specifiction" (my new favorite word)?
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not seeing an immediate connection here.  What were you
>> thinking of?
>
> Well, I think I am misunderstanding how Presentation Levels work.
> When I first read it, I was thinking that they could group elements
> by defining their level, and then select that group to style as a
> unit (ie, with an anonymous box around contiguous elements of the
> same level), but now I think that I totally read too much into it.
> So... Sorry for the noise.

The thing that made me think of this was that I was thinking "what
else besides definition list might have a logical relationship, but
not necessarily an existing element encapsulating them?" and I
immediately thought of a heading level and the paragraphs that
followed it before another heading was encountered. And that made me
think of Presentation Levels.