Re: Request for ::di pseudoelement

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:33:02 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

On Dec 18, 2009, at 5:09 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Dec 18, 2009, at 3:18 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr."
>> <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It's possible that this can have its definition generalized somewhat
>>> so it makes sense outside of this specific use-case.
>>
>> Maybe "Presentation Levels" could be wrangled into doing that? Or
>> is that
>> spec actually "specifiction" (my new favorite word)?
>
> Hmm, I'm not seeing an immediate connection here.  What were you
> thinking of?

Well, I think I am misunderstanding how Presentation Levels work.
When I first read it, I was thinking that they could group elements by
defining their level, and then select that group to style as a unit
(ie, with an anonymous box around contiguous elements of the same
level), but now I think that I totally read too much into it. So...
Sorry for the noise.