Re: Proposal: Fixed Table Headers in CSS

From: Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:02:51 -0500
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
At 8:42 AM -0600 12/14/09, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>It seems that Slashdot's (recently?) adopted exactly what we're
>discussing here in at least some of their comment thread views.
>
>http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/09/12/14/1330202/Broadband-Rights-amp-the-Killer-App-of-1900
>
>So it's obviously a worthwhile effect that we should pursue.

    I completely agree.  I was recently working on-site with a client
and they had exactly this need, both for table headers and more
generic cases like sticky headings (a la the Slashdot example).  The
client is using JS to fake the effect now but would love to offload
that effect to the presentation layer.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric@meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/