Re: [css-style-attr] New Editor's Draft

L. David Baron wrote:
> On Friday 2009-12-11 12:56 -0800, fantasai wrote:
>> A "style" attribute does not need to be named 'style'. It's possible
>> to have <elem style1="..." style2="..."/> and have the document language
>> define both style1 and style2 as "style" attributes.
>>
>> I can add a sentence saying that if a document language allows this,
>> it must specify in which order the attributes' values are concatenated.
>
> If a language allows this, they should be separate style rules, not
> string-concatenated and parsed as one style rule.  (This affects
> error handling, comments, etc.)
>
> However, I think it would also be fine to say that conforming
> document languages cannot allow such a situation.

I've added the following:

   # The CSS Working Group strongly recommends that document languages do
   # not allow multiple style attributes on a single element. If a document
   # language allows multiple style attributes, each is parsed independently
   # and treated as a separate style rule, the ordering of which should be
   # defined by the document language, else is undefined.

It's possible some document language will define a namespaced 'style'
attribute, which can then be included in an HTML element with a local
'style' attribute or something similarly absurd. So I felt it was best
to define /something/.

~fantasai