Re: [css-style-attr] New Editor's Draft

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:56:27 -0800
To: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> 2009/12/10 Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>:
>> On Dec 9, 2009, at 2:48 PM, fantasai wrote:
>>
>>> We currently don't have a spec that defines the contents of the 'style'
>>> attribute. As the CSSWG agreed earlier this year or last, I've stripped
>>> down the previous Style Attribute Syntax draft to the subset that is
>>> currently implemented today:
>>>  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-style-attr/
>>>
>>> If that looks good, I suggest we publish as a Last Call Working Draft and
>>> get this thing finished off.
>>>
>>> ~fantasai
>>>
>> Does CSS have anything to say about what to do if there are two
>> style attributes on the same element, or is that completely up to
>> the document language? I'd think that from CSS's point of view, they
>> would be two declaration blocks if the document language allowed it,
>> but maybe that's too obvious to need to say explicitly.
>
> You cannot have two attributes named "style" (at least not in XML or
> SGML), and if doc language has "style_1" and "style_2", then it's up
> to it to describe behaviour when both are specified, in the same way
> it needs to say that both are "<style attributes> for the purposes of
> [CSS-STYLE-ATTR]"

A "style" attribute does not need to be named 'style'. It's possible
to have <elem style1="..." style2="..."/> and have the document language
define both style1 and style2 as "style" attributes.

I can add a sentence saying that if a document language allows this,
it must specify in which order the attributes' values are concatenated.

~fantasai