RE: [cssom] unrecognized rules and properties

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 12/7/09 2:40 PM, Mike Wilson wrote:
> > I'd be very interested in
> > hearing your (and any other browser implementor's)
> > view about the use case I mentioned; being able to
> > implement new standards through script in old
> > browsers?
>
> It seems like a somewhat useful use case, in fact,
> which is why I was thinking about how much work this
> would be to do in Gecko.

As stated previously, I think the whole subject of how
easy it is to emulate new CSS features in old browsers
is important, and which may possibly reach into more
sub-topics than the ones discussed in this thread.

Putting back the support for retrieving unrecognized
properties in the spec is one piece of that puzzle, and
it can probably solve a fair amount of cases.
With respect for the implications presented in this
thread I will not say it is "easy", but at least I
think we can agree that doing it is not an unrealistic
undertaking.

If it hasn't been formally discussed before, it might
be candidate for an upcoming CSSWG meeting agenda?

Best regards
Mike