Re: New values for Float property

From: Salar <salarsoftwares@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:17:52 +0330
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
> > I suppose it is an additional layout module to the interface. But this
> > doesn't affect current issues with float.
> > So please don't put aside proposed values.
>
> Can you please define what issues you see with floats? It will help in
> clarifying what you are truly seeking in behavior.

That is a misunderstood, I didn't mean it has problem or error, I meant it
causes some headaches.

 FYI. In my time spent seeing used cases with CSS with rtl direction,
> IE7- would have to be hacked into line, often using text-align. This is
> because IE7- had poor support for rtl direction and should I mention the
> practice of coding for IE7- only. To overcome such difficulties many
> coders of rtl direction didn't use the HTML attribute dir="rtl" but
> rather text-align.

That's right. well, i am a web developer for rtl language. Sometimes if you
have a layout for both rtl and ltr the current limitation makes it very hard
to implement that. Somtimes you need to use different files and sometime
different style-sheet files. The last way is to use tables with dir=rtl.