[css-fonts] "Irregardless"? REALLY?

From: Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:01:07 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
    So just last night, I was reading up on 'font-size'adjust' (3.7)
and stumbled into the following bit of prose:

    "It does this by adjusting the font-size so that the x-height
     is the same irregardless of the font used."

    Horrified, I searched the document and discovered it AGAIN in the
description of 'unicode-range' (4.5):

    "Code points outside of the defined unicode-range are ignored,
     irregardless of whether the font contains a glyph for that
     code point or not."

I believe both instances should be changed to "regardless", because
that's an actual word.  "irrespective" would also be an acceptable
substitute, though in my opinion just barely.  See
<http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/irregardless> for more information, if
that's really necessary.
    Also, never tell me who did this, because if I find out I'll be
honor-bound to follow through on my public statement and slap them
like a haddock.  (Yes, "like", not "with".)

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric@meyerweb.com)     http://meyerweb.com/