Re: Image sprites use cases

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:49:57 -0700
To: Alex Kaminski <activewidgets@gmail.com>
CC: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org
Alex Kaminski wrote:
> No, my concern is about how many rules you need to write,
> not about the length of a single rule.

Sounds like the packaging solution wouldn't help you either, then...
that assumes you've got a bunch of separate images (of which you have
somewhere around 200, sounds like) that you'd like to grab as a single
download.  In your case it sounds like you'd like to not have 200
separate url()s listed.

That said, why not?  This seems like a good job for a preprocessing
solution, honestly...

-Boris