RE: Repeating gradients (Was: Re: Talk on radial gradients)

From: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:42:47 -0700
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
François REMY wrote:
| Caching may be useful, but it's the browser that should take the
| decision of
| performing
| or not caching based on the type of gradient.

I'm not arguing for author control of caching - just considering that,
unless browsers have a means to cache a gradient 'image' (which I assume
could be done using all or part of the generation string as an identifier),
using a bitmap gradient with background-size might be more efficient than
generating the gradient client-side.

David Perrell