Re: [CSS3, border-radius] and now is real fun.

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:44:07 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Brad Kemper<brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the gradient blending from inset to outset looks pretty decent. I
> can also imagine dashes getting shorter and rounder to become dots. But I
> thing going from dotted to double, for instance, would probably need to be
> abrupt. To blend or not is up to the UA to decide, isn't it?

I also don't particularly have a problem with the UA deciding exactly
how to blend border-styles.  Colors, sure, that's common enough that
we should stabilize.  But border-style changes can probably be managed
however the UA feels best.

So you can do your awesome separate-and-flip inset->outset transition,
Andrew.  ^_^