Heads up: Widgets view modes

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:22:01 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Dearest CSS WG,

I write to you on behalf of the WebApps WG, and more specifically of
those there involved in specifying W3C Widgets. We are currently
working on a number of view modes (e.g. application, mini, etc.) that
a widget can adopt, and as a result have started specifying a matching
media query feature so that widgets may be styled accordingly.

The early draft (which is undergoing a lot of work as we speak) can be
found at:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/Overview.src.html

Since this feature is very clearly linked to CSS, we would love you to
take a look at it as we progress, and help us make sure we don't clash
with existing work and don't create a terrifying monster.

Thanks!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/