Re: [CSS3, Backgrounds and Borders Module] some questions about border-radius

"Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can assure you that I will *always* want case (3) rendering in that
> circumstance.  Both case 1 and case 2 end up with the horrendous
> effect that colors from my left border show up in what I consider my
> top border.  In your round-corners-sciter.png image, example 10 is
> horrifyingly bad and will *never* be the desired rendering of that
> code, believe me.
>
> I'm not sure how to specify this without screwing up your other
> examples, which are all very attractive and pretty much exactly what I
> would want and expect (example 9 is weird, but understandable).

I don't think example 9 is rendered right -- I would expect the color
gradient to extend as far as "case 3" specifies.  But when the inner
corner is not sharp (cases 1-8), cases 1-3 are indistinguishable,
because the inner and outer curves start and end on the same lines.  So
you don't need to worry about that.

I find case 4 a little weird.  Is that "border: none" on the bottom?
For a curved transition to border:none I think it would be better to
transition only the curve width or only the opacity, not both.  (And we
should probably pick one and specify it.)

zw