Re: Gradient syntax proposal

From: François REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:14:02 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "David Perrell" <davidp@hpaa.com>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>
From: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:11 PM, David Perrell<davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:
>> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> | (Interestingly, the syntax would then look like just "<bg-position> ||
>> | <angle>".)
>> Lookin' gooood!
> I've gone ahead and updated the draft to match this:
> http://www.xanthir.com/:4bhipd

Good proposal.

Only one question though. Gradients are images that does not have any
predefined size. Is it really usefull to allow <length> to be used (that
we could use units like "px" or "em") ?

If yes, what to do if the background where the gradient must take place is
50px * 50px and the start point of the background is, let's say, at (60px:

Is that valid but 'outside' the visible zone of the image ? Is this invalid

[...] For example, the rule linear-gradient(left / red, yellow 100px, blue
50%) would [...]