Re: Mirror as background property

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM, David Perrell<davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> | Alternate idea: mirror-gradient().
>
> Alternate idea: 'background-mirror'
> [ up | right | down | left ]
>
> Another possibility: 'background-flip'
> [ horizontal | vertical ]

So, how precisely would this work?  Would it just split the
background-box in half/quarters, take whatever would normally display
in the half/quarter indicated, and mirror that around?

Background-flip would need a way to specify which half it's supposed
to use.  I sort of like background-mirror.

> Just size the initial gradient box to half-width or half-height and mirror to the other half. Also useful for background images.

Don't actually need to do that.  Just size it normally and only
specify out to 50%.  Background-mirror would automatically take care
of anything that went past the halfway point (by overwriting it with
the mirrored version).