RE: [CSS3] Some thoughts about functions, notation and gradient().

From: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 05:32:48 -0700
To: "www-style" <www-style@w3.org>
Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

|                        color-stop: 50% red ,
|                        color-stop: 100% blue );

It occurs to me why it looks so wrong to have the percentage precede the
color (besides the fact that it makes no sense to have an optional parameter
precede a required one).

As a graphic designer/production artist, I spent years spec'ing color in
screen percentages. You put a percent in front of a color and I see it as a
percentage of color ink, not a color-stop on a gradient line.

David Perrell