Re: Gradient syntax proposal

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:40:43 -0700
To: David Perrell <davidp@hpaa.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2009, at 1:11 PM, "David Perrell" <davidp@hpaa.com> wrote:

> Doesn't the ability to specify multiple gradients of different size
> reduce
> the need for complexity in the gradient spec?

You mean because having the bg-positions to start and stop on is
essentially creating a new box with it's own internal dimensions of
0%-100% and 0px or more? You thinking you can just create a second
background thats as small as that box? I was think of that too, but
the gradation actually needs to keep going on all four sides of that
box, even at odd angles, so I don't think that'd work.