Re: Gradient syntax proposal

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:00:14 -0700
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Aug 15, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> So, hey, question unrelated to the debate.
>
> Currently, I say that if the starting-point and ending-point are the
> same, then the rule is invalid.  SVG says that in this situation the
> 'gradient' is just the solid color specified by the furthest
> color-stop.
>
> I'd be fine with adopting this rule to cleave closer to SVG.  Anyone
> have any objections?

If I saw the following:

linear-gradient(top / green 50%, blue 50%)

I would assume the top half of the box was green and the bottom half
blue, with a sharp division between, since the colors continue on both
sides. As though the gradation took place within 0 pixels. Is that the
sort of situation you mean?