[CSS21] Generated Content - properties that can be applied to :before/:after

From: James Hopkins <james@idreamincode.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:16:49 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
I seem to remember that in the Level 2 spec, there was some guidance
on which properties could be applied to :before and :after. However,
I've looked at both L 2.1 and L 3 specs, and it seems the guidance has
been removed - has this restriction been lifted? (I did do some
digging around in the mail archive and couldn't find anything relating
to this)