Re: [css3-layout] Issues/suggestions for Template Layout Module

From: Alexis Deveria <adeveria@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:33:51 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
Here's a simple demo with two possible renderings. The first one [1]
is currently what the jQuery implementation does, because I was
thinking of the slot itself being equivalent to its only child
element. However, when thinking of the slot as a container, I suppose
the rendering should actually be [2].

So should the following template be rendered as [1], [2], or something else?

Come to think of it, unless the contained elements were to have a
height of 100%, the background shouldn't fill the slot, should it? But
it does fill it in Example XX [3]. Again, the relationship between
imagined slot container and child element seems a bit fuzzy to me.

[1] http://a.deveria.com/csstpl/opt1.png
[2] http://a.deveria.com/csstpl/opt2.png
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-layout-20090402/#stacking-order

Thanks,