Re: Automatic scheme: dark or light

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Maciej Wakuła <adderek.pl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using several machines and can solve the issue. The thing is that
> in my opinion the style-sheet should be choosen depending on the
> In general:
> 1) @work I have white wall and monitor with silver border =>
> dark-on-light (sandy color)
> 2) @home I have my desk in dark corner of the room, monitor has black
> border => light-on-dark (black,green and amber)
> 3) Sometime I take my laptop from the office to home - laptop has dark
> border over screen and the OS gets light-on-dark scheme (black+blue)
> In all the cases I'm using opera+IE+firefox+konqueror+chrome+safari.
> Some pages have no styles at all. Some have styles with local names
> (in languages that I do not know). And here, in my opinion, W3C should
> do some step towards implementation of such flag (flag, not mechanism
> of style-sheet choosing)

Can you be more explicit in what you're actually looking for, then?  I
tried to summarize your desire in a more actionable form, but couldn't
figure out quite what you were asking for.

Do you want an ability for authors to specify whether their
stylesheets are light-on-dark or dark-on-light?  Or do you want UAs to
automagically change the styles on a page to match your light/dark
preference?  Or do you want something else entirely?