Re: Automatic scheme: dark or light

From: Giovanni Campagna <scampa.giovanni@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:15:40 +0200
To: adderek.pl+SPAM@gmail.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org
We have that, it is called Alternative Stylesheets.
You write the default (untitled) stylesheet that is color-independent.
Then you write the "black-on-white" stylesheet with the appropriate
title, and the same for "white-on-black". User will then chose
"black-on-white" or "white-on-black" depending on their tastes.

If you want automatic selection of CSS stylesheets based on OS/UA
theme, you should ask the UA vendor (that could automatically select
stylesheets with "dark" or "black" in their name). Actually we cannot
constrain the title into something machine-parsable, because it is
intended to be in native user language.

For further info, see <http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-cascade/>

Giovanni