Re: Tabbed Interfaces in CSS

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:13:53 -0500
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2009, at 10:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> It seems like it would be very useful to be able to use JavaScript to
>>> change
>>> which box is checked. Would this be possible, with say myElement.checked
>>> ?
>>> Or does that require going outside the CSS for the interface?
>>
>> At worst, you just throw a click() event at the element, simulating
>> user interaction.  It's probably the easiest and most comprehensible
>> way to do it anyway.  ^_^
>
> How would you determine its current checked/not-checked state with JS?

Good question.  I'm not certain what would be the best way.  I don't
have a preference for method, but it would be pretty necessary to be
able to tell *somehow* (if nothing else, so that selector libraries
like jQuery's Sizzle can determine it accurately without having to
maintain state on their own).